Episode 17: Encountering Zion Part 17
*This is the Bi-Weekly Saturday Bible Study recording from January 30, 2021*
Welcome to our show Todd Talks with BRIDE Ministries’ Senior Leader, Todd Edwards. This episode will be featuring the series Encountering Zion. Todd will be continuing in Isaiah 65 and explaining on the contrite spirit from Isaiah 66:2.
Todd will be discussing at what point was the greatest spiritual battle for the first Exodus...which was the birth of Moses. Isaiah 65 is going to be the explanation of the battle shifting to the angelic versus the demonic... You will receive revelation as you listen about why within the people, we feel the battle more than in the beginning. Just like the birth of Yeshua, or the birth of Zion. You will get understanding of the how we are now battling for the lost to get revelation, but the battle has already been won!
This is NOT a study about Political Zionism. Todd Talks episodes are meant to engage the hearts, souls, and spirits of those who listen. This will be an extremely insightful and exciting show that you will not want to miss!
Who is Todd Edwards:
Todd Edwards is a senior executive in a software company and has over three decades of experience in building enterprise sales organizations.
Todd Edwards is our Senior Leader at BRIDE Ministries International and a close friend of Daniel Duval.
Follow Along with Todd Talks:
- “The contrite spirits are those who have a deep cry connecting to their origins to go home, and know something is missing, something is wrong in the earth. They have been abused, they have been destroyed, they have been crushed in the earth world, and something is connecting them back to their origins of where they came; their essence being from God. Them staying with God, and then being sent to a place, that’s the essence of a contrite spirit! …Think Abraham searching for the city. Think of David willing to give up his earthly kingship, because he knew of a greater King! They want to return to Abba and Zion. It also implies an awareness of holy and unholy to be separate from the world… Repent from the world and its worldly systems and thought processes.” – Todd Edwards
- Vocabulary from the study:
- Contrite (naw-keh, H5223) which means smitten, maimed(literally), and dejected (figuratively). It’s only used two other times, but it’s always used with Jonathan’s son, Mephibosheth.
- Contrite (dak-kaw, H1793) which means crushed, crushed into powder (literally), and contrite (figuratively). This word is only used 3 times in scripture, which in the KJV it’s used as destruction.
- Turn/Return (shoob, H7725) which means rescue/revive/refresh/recover. Take note the “re-” in these words. Return to a place you’ve already been to or were from (return home), you children of man. Almost like the Prodigal son.
- Nation (gowy, H1471) which is the gowyum, also referencing Israel (it is the nations of Abraham).
- Thoughts (makh-ash-aw-baw, H4284) which means a texture (concretely), machine or a plan, intention (abstractly). First you have a thought and then you walk in the way of a thought. Through our thoughts, we are constructing either the kingdom of darkness or the kingdom of Heaven (YHWH) onto the earth.
- Stand (kaw-rab, H7126) which means to draw near, at hand, join, or to bring near.
- Near (naw-gash, H5066) which means to come near, worship; its opposite is to stand back, turn ones back. We are about to see this stage of the 2nd Exodus on the other side of freedom. People will see God’s miracles and still reject him.
- Recompense (shaw-lam, H7999) which means to complete, reciprocate, render, or make restitution. The first mention was in reference to the brothers that are going to attack Joseph (rebellious Israel) and Joseph will be able to participate in the recompense (the reward) of the rebellious brothers, the House of Israel.
- Key scriptures to follow along:Isaiah 65 & 66:2; 2 Sam 4:4, 9:3; Psalms 34:18; Isaiah 57:15; Psalms 90:3; Isaiah 65 & 64, 65:1-7; Matthew 7:7; Hosea 9:17; Isaiah 65:1-2; Genesis 6:5; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5; Isaiah 65:3; Deuteronomy 4:24-26; Genesis 11:3; Exodus 5; Revelation 15:1-5; Isaiah 65:4-5; Genesis 44:4; Isaiah 65:7-8; and Luke 7:36-47.
About Todd Talks:
Todd Talks was developed from Todd Edward’s Bi-weekly Saturday Bible Study where he discusses the Biblical truth that supports Bride Ministries’ revelation and teaching on the Kingdom of God and operating in the spirit.
As we build up Biblical truth, you will grow in faith and increase your operations in the heavens, of which is our true citizenship. Some of the topics to be explored include priesthood, identity, holiness, His presence, whole person alignment, Biblical Israel, covenant, living, and more.
More from Todd:
If you liked what you heard in today’s study, you can find the full recording HERE, and become a member at member.bridemovement.com! Also, join us in epic journeys into the Word of God! Every other Saturday at 10 AM CST you can hang out with Todd Edwards and the BRIDE Tribe:
Also, be sure to stay tuned in for the next episode of Todd Talks with Todd Edwards every other Tuesday! Listen to other episodes of Todd Talks on our website! You can also keep up with Todd by listening to his other podcasts: